RE: Reversing word order in Excel 2007 cells

Subject: RE: Reversing word order in Excel 2007 cells
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: 'Peter Neilson' <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:33:22 -0700

Peter Neilson wrote:

> Richard Combs wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but there's simply no way to automate this.
>
> I'd output to a csv file and write emacs macros to do the correction,
> then re-import the csv. It'd be worth it to find someone who already has
> emacs built into his fingers. (I'm one, of course, but there are
> others.) The "programming" in emacs is trivial. Well, "trivial".

Judging from the examples Ken provided, there doesn't seem to be enough regularity of the data to permit a programmatic solution. A human has to look at the contents of each cell and decide what result is desired.

That said, I'm sure someone with "emacs built into his fingers" could do that and make the necessary changes much faster than someone manually selecting, cutting, pasting, etc., in Excel. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom