File and Folder diff utility

Subject: File and Folder diff utility
From: "R. Mason" <rpmason -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:08:04 -0500

Hi all,

I'm updating a local copy of a vendor's web help in Dreamweaver CS4 on
Windows XP. We have the license to update web help for our application
customizations. It has around 1600 files in folders and subfolders--not
including the source graphic files and such.

When the next version of the application comes out later this year, I go
through the folder and file differences to help me quickly move my changes
into a copy of the new version and identify additional changes.

I have begun researching some utilities. Our desktop folks are justifiably
careful about what is allowed on our desktops. I've asked them if there are
already such diff utilities on their "allowed" list but none include folder
differences.

Does anyone have any personal experience with such a file and folder diff
utility? I wouldn't want to go through the month-long process of getting
something approved and then discover it doesn't work as documented. Cost vs.
functionality is of interest, of course.

Thanks a bunch for any help you can give. --Ruthie

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com