SnagIt

Subject: SnagIt
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:01:01 +0300

In the discussion about screen capture software, one factor that no
one seems to be talking about is support.

Techsmith, when I dealt with them a few years ago, had about the best
responsiveness and attention to user concerns of any software firm I
have dealt with--certainly none in my experience has been better.

Let me say, too, that my consulting work entailed far more than tech
docs--I was often called upon to help select software for clients, and
to resolve various kinds of issues they had with the various software
and hardware vendors. To me, therefore, this was on occasion a huge
issue.

I also liked that it was simple to capture web pages too long to fit
on a single screen--no matter how long the window was, SnagIt could
handle the capture with no fuss or bother.

For 90% of screen captures needed, lesser tools may well be
fine--although any time you must go to other tools to put in
callouts, for example, you lose time.

If I were still actively "in the biz" I would get a copy in a
heartbeat. Of course, if it were available for Linux, I'd likely have
my plastic out making an order today.

To me, a company with a desire to help its users at need and the
expertise to do so is worth a great deal.

David

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -