Re: Requirements management systems

Subject: Re: Requirements management systems
From: Pro TechWriter <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: jennysubs -at- mac -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:58:50 -0500

We have used a couple of tools, but this one is free for up to 10 users, or
$35. a month for more. It is specifically for Agile Scrum teams and they
have a lot of info about implementing Agile. It's called Rally.

The advantages of an online tool (as opposed to a white board, or a document
somewhere) is that everyone can see what is happening, and work is not
limited to being on the work network, because Rally is software as a service
(SAAS). You can work anywhere.

Because it was developed for Agile teams, the "requirements" are in the form
of user stories (as a user, I want to ....) that are used to create software
in "sprints," which are set time periods where a certain amount of work is
agreed upon. It is a flexible and effective way to create software and the
documentation that goes with it.

As a general rule, I like this method a lot, even for documentation. I book
"tasks" against a "user story" and write in tandem with software
development.

Anyway, you might take a look at the product:
http://www.rallydev.com/agile_products/editions/

<http://www.rallydev.com/agile_products/editions/>It might just be the thing
you are looking for!

PT
(does not work for, or has any affiliation with, Rally. Just used the
product.)