RE: If you had 15 minutes...

Subject: RE: If you had 15 minutes...
From: "Kieran Sullivan" <ksullivan -at- tssg -dot- org>
To: "'Suzette Leeming'" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Viv Crawford'" <viv_crawford -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:25:53 +0100

I'd probably do something similar and talk about the absolute necessity of
clearly written, well laid out documents.

A metaphor I've used in front of general audiences to show what technical
writing achieves is that of someone speaking with a hand over their mouth.
Technical writers/communicators don't change what the speaker is saying -
they just remove the hand so that listener doesn't have to work so hard to
hear what's being said.

Regards,

Kieran.

Kieran Sullivan