Looking for a database function

Subject: Looking for a database function
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:05:48 -0400

It seems obvious to me that this should be doable -- not necessarily in
Access, any program will do!

I want to create a grid in which one axis lists several dozen company
quality procedures (by the released document numbers), and the other
axis lists several dozen company employees. Each employee has to be
trained in certain procedures, so for each employee there's a list of
procedures and for each procedure there's a list of employees.

To indicate that a given employee has to be trained in a given
procedure, I want to just mark the grid at that intersection.

I need to be able to query in both directions. In other words, when a
procedure is revised under document control, I need a list of the
employees to be trained in the revisions. And when an employee is
replaced, I need a list of the procedures to train the new employee in.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -