Revisiting Word Templates 2003 vs 2007

Subject: Revisiting Word Templates 2003 vs 2007
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:09:28 -0400

*Hi All,

Some time ago there was a discussion on the list about Word templates in Word 2003 vs 2007.

My question:

What are the differences when developing a template in Word 2003 vs 2007. Is it possible to create a template that works in Word 2003 AND Word 2007? I have a client that wants me to develop a template for them that will function in both Word 2003 AND 2007. I'm not sure that I can...

I recall someone saying that Styles, etc. work, but that toolbars do not. Thus, if I have a toolbar with all kinds of macros accessed via that toolbar in Word 2003, what happens to the template in Word 2007. I don't have Word 2007 and am not yet prepared to invest in it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Deborah
*

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -