Word 2007 woes, no red underlining

Subject: Word 2007 woes, no red underlining
From: "Susan Huckle" <mail -at- susanhuckle -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:31:02 -0500

Lorraine:

Here are some other options to try:

RESET SPELL CHECK

1. Click the Office Button
2. Click Word Options
3. Select the Proofing tab
4. Verify that Check Spelling as you Type is SELECTED
5. Click Check Document

Clicking the Check Document button clears all previous spell/grammar checks
so you get a clean spell check. This should restore the red squiggly lines.

VERIFY SYSTEM RESOURCES

If resetting spell check does not work, then you need to verify that you
have enough RAM on your system. You must have 1 GB of available RAM for
grammar and contextual spelling help to work. (If this feature used to work
on this same system, you may have a failing chip.have you had any blue
screens recently? Any other software programs acting up?)

DIAGNOSE/REPAIR WORD

If you have enough RAM, run an Office Diagnostic. (Office Button > Word
Options > Resources > Diagnose). If your Microsoft Office installation is
corrupted, this tool may be able to repair it.

I hope one of these options fixes your problem!

All the best--

Susan Huckle
Technical Writer - Microsoft Word 2007 Consultant
Word-Tips.com

------
Message: 1
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:45:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Lorraine Kiewiet <lkiewiet -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
<23215049 -dot- 1274802321833 -dot- JavaMail -dot- root -at- mswamui-andean -dot- atl -dot- sa -dot- earthlink -dot- net>

I have checked all over the Help and Google'd the question, but I cannot
find out how to turn ON the red underlining for a misspelled word. I have
tried all of the suggestions that I found, to no avail. I was forced by IT
to upgrade and it has been awful to relearn things, let alone find out why
Spell Checking is not underlining misspelled words like it used to.

The "Do not check spelling" box is clear in the language dialog.

Many thanks in advance,

--Lorraine

Lorraine Kiewiet\r\nTechnical Writing & Consulting\r\nOnline & Print
Documentation

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -