RE: For the font fondlers among us...

Subject: RE: For the font fondlers among us...
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:34:41 -0400

David Neeley said:

> Perhaps you are working on your own resume, printed material, or
> website--or perhaps some marketing materials. The fonts you have
> available may not be entirely suitable.
>
> What's that--you say you have no budget, Bunkie?
>
> Fear not--there are many very good choices that are free. Here's an
> article showing examples of twenty of them for your viewing pleasure:
>
> http://webdesignledger.com/freebies/20-elegant-fonts-for-clean-design
>
> Now, back to our regular programming...

Hmmm. Books and resumés, I know about. You use a font that you
can legally embed, so the reader gets the same experience that
you do, without substitutions by their local OS and software.
If they demand a Word version, instead of PDF, then all bets
are off, regardless.

But what about web sites?

I tinker with html... I'm not a guru. Is there provision to
"embed" (download to the visitor) your own special fonts,
so they don't end up viewing your marvelous, arteestic page
in Times New Roman and Arial? When you built it with
the deliciously arcane "Pseudo-science Retro Oblique"?

- K

or disclosing it.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -