Re: Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)

Subject: Re: Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:01:36 -0400

> RUP is just as difficult as it was under the old fashioned waterfall model.  The
> development model used does not change the fact that getting people to do a
> tech review of your work is still nearly impossible.

Not true...

I've done documentation under Agile and I used the process...ya gotta
know the process.

In Agile, you have iterations and development cannot go to the next
iteration without having all the tasks and stories done. Why not make
one of the tasks "Read and approve all documentation submitted for
review during this iteration."

This has two advantages:

1) They have to do it.
2) It is an accounted for task that the developer can point to as
something they must do (and the amount of time they are allowed). The
normal problem with doc review is that dev manement sees doc review as
something that is taking time from development. However, if the time
is accounted for, it has a legit part fo the process.

I did it that way and I had NO trouble getitng my docs reviewed. I
LOVED documenting in an Agile dev project.

Didn't you get doc review included as a task in the iterations? Shame

--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/