Re: Fwd: [ooo-announce] OpenOffice.org Developer Documentation Bounties

Subject: Re: Fwd: [ooo-announce] OpenOffice.org Developer Documentation Bounties
From: Mike McCallister <workingwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:24:48 -0500

While I don't know the specifics of how this bounty came about (it's been
awhile since I was on the OOo-Docs mailing list), I think it's more like
realizing you can only get so far with volunteer labor and somebody made a
donation to make this set of docs happen.

Professional developers work on open source projects all the time. I don't
think anyone at the OOo project would object if some company assigned a team
of writers to the documentation project. At the same time, considering the
amount of time I've spent working with OpenOffice.org applications that I
never paid a dime for, a time donation wouldn't seem too much of a burden.

Mike McCallister
Now available: "WordPress in Depth" (with Bud Smith)
Author, "openSUSE Linux Unleashed"
Notes from the Metaverse: http://metaverse.wordpress.com

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Sounds like the open source people finally realized they couldn't get
> professional writers to work for free.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/