Re: Request of Advice

Subject: Re: Request of Advice
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:26:50 -0400

I guess CAD and Maple totally suck then, because even the engineers
and scientists who use them have to spend a considerable amount of
time learning them.

What John means is that an experienced tech writer can quickly and
easily put past knowledge and experience to use in getting up to speed
with new tools quickly. I know this because I do this for a living,
and he's absolutely correct that inexperienced writers WILL stumble
because they have nothing first-hand to draw from when learning; it's
all new.

It's not a failure of software. It's the success of experience.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/