RE: The Top 10 Best Technical Documentation Sites of 2010

Subject: RE: The Top 10 Best Technical Documentation Sites of 2010
From: "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: "'techwr-l List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:16:05 -0600

Mike,

I can think of two other reasons:

1) Even when space is ample, a long link can wrap and break. A shorter
link avoids that problem.

2) Some of the shorteners (e.g., bit.ly) let you track clicks so you can
gather information about how many people clicked through the shortened
link.

That said, I do find shortened links annoying when they're not strictly
necessary.

BTW, the link itself is very interesting; nice chart of features for the
top 10.

Richard Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators
http://xmlpress.net
(970) 231-3624

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/