Re: Mac vs PC users

Subject: Re: Mac vs PC users
From: Tim Murray <tlmurray -at- techknowledgecorp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:05:00 -0400

> I don't know of any such studies. But your question reminded me of a study done way back last century sometime at, I believe, Princeton. Entering freshmen were given their choice of using a Mac or a PC. At the end of the year, their English Composition papers were compared. The PC users had richer vocabularies, more sophisticated arguments, and more complex essays. The Mac users' writing tended to be more shallow and simplistic. :-)

Interesting. A secondary finding (meaning it wasn't the intent) of a Nielson study found that Mac users as a population tended to have have higher educations and better jobs than Windows users.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/