Re: screen capture s/w for a stick/thumb drive

Subject: Re: screen capture s/w for a stick/thumb drive
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:58:47 -0700

Oh do we have to go through this again? I thought my post of the
entire thread was good enough to close it! ;-)

To summarize:
1) I run FastStone Capture from a key. It. Just. Works.
2) I run SnagIt from a key. It's. Darn. Powerful.
3) I found the interface to LightScreen to be cumbersome.

FastStone's benefits:
1) $20. That's it. If all you need is a tool for basic screen capture,
screencast recording, editing, and labeling.
2) Lightweight: You can load the app right before you need to use it,
without wasting time or memory resources.

SnagIt's benefits:
1) It provides more editing options, but you need to create a lot of
screen shots all the time to warrant its price tag.
2) Screen captures can be saved in an editable format in case you need
to change things later.

Here to help/Hope this helped.

-Tony

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/