Re: Create PDF with spaces intact?

Subject: Re: Create PDF with spaces intact?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0700

On 7/7/10, Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:
> Sorry; I can't resist: This is apparently a recursive problem! When my
> reply came through, the spaces are again "lost" from the message. But when
> I reply to the list, there they are again! I'll stop now :-).

Monique: You're too funny!

Are you using Outlook? Outlook removes "extra" spaces from text
e-mails by default. Unless your client is set to respond in the same
format as the sender, your reply will be whatever you use (I'm
guessing HTML).

Anyway, the case of the missing indents is a PDF problem due to
Adobe's optimization methods.

I even tested this with snippets from PDFs of my favourite programing texts.

I wonder if the OP could use a PDF portfolio and embed sample code?

Seems like a lot of work to solve a problem that's not theirs. Link to
source code files (on disk or online) would be better.

-Tony

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/