Create PDFs from Word docs using command line?

Subject: Create PDFs from Word docs using command line?
From: Viv Crawford <viv_crawford -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:05:50 +0100

Hello

I'm having an attack of the lazies and hoping some of you clever people can help.

I routinely create PDFs from Word docs. These are usually fairly throwaway docs so I do it by printing to the Adobe PDF printer rather than by any of the cleverer ways.

Can I do this at the command line? I've tried using the Print *.* and it tells me it's printing the first doc in the directory, but then does nothing else. Of course, for a PDF I should also have to tell it where to save the PDF to and what to call it.

Happy to admit to being a complete command line amateur, (though I've recently discovered the joy of using it to move and rename files...)

Thanks.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/