Re: anti-virus removal question and more

Subject: Re: anti-virus removal question and more
From: Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 07:58:09 -0400

First, thanks to all for the great suggestions. At this time (about 8
a.m. Sunday morning and before I make waffles for me and the kids), I
safely removed the laptop hard drive from its computer and am
searching for the extra SATA / USB cable I have here someplace and
will scan the thing from my desktop.

Second, I learned from a friend (an IT guy with AT&T locally here in
Atlanta who does a good chunk of the company's website stuff) that as
AT&T customers, we can simply download the full version of McAfee
that updates itself for no charge. I guess THAT'S what'll be on
Yvette's laptop when this is all said and done.

Third, I have two oldie-but-goodie software items that I want to
dispose of from here at the house:

1. (Ready for it?) The really nice boxed hardcover manual for
WordPerfect 5.1. That's right, Version 5.1 which, I think is the DOS
version; I no longer can find the diskettes (this is w-a-y-before
CD's). It's a nice little three-ring binder that's 3 inches thick and
in its own box (like I said . . . "boxed"). The legal statement pages
at the very front are dated 10/89. I'll be glad to ship it to anyone
who wants it because I'm one of those folks who believes in "waste
not, want not" and not tossing this into a landfill. Surely, someone
needs it -- or at least wants it.

2. My old version of Adobe FameMaker 7.0. This includes the
1.25-inch-thick paperbound manual and CD in the original box from
Adobe. Likewise, I'll be glad to ship this to anyone who wants it and
I'll be glad to notify Adobe that I'm no longer the licensed owner
(if that needs to be done).

First respondent gets it.

-- Kenpo in Atlanta

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/