Copy/paste failure in Acrobat Reader

Subject: Copy/paste failure in Acrobat Reader
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:05:58 -0700

Gang--

A reviewer using Acrobat Reader (probably version 9) to review my PDF
complains that he is unable to copy and paste text from the body into
either review comments or even NotePad or WordPad. He selects text, uses
either Ctrl+C or the menu to copy that text, and pastes it -- only to find
small squares (or else question marks) being displayed in the paste
target.

I produced the document (from XMetaL) using Acrobat Pro version 8, and
even that cannot copy/paste into a Sticky Note.

Any ideas what is going wrong? He says that the last few PDFs I have sent
had this problem. I suspect that some Adobe update tweaked some setting,
but have no idea where to look.

Any bright ideas out there?

--Thanks,
Guy K. Haas

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/