Re: Suggestions: Internal and External Certifications for TechWriters in product based company!!

Subject: Re: Suggestions: Internal and External Certifications for TechWriters in product based company!!
From: TECHWR-L Administrator <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 05:29:20 -0600

On Sep 23, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Dan Goldstein wrote:

> Hi Punit,
>
> I reproduced your bewildering results. Googling for "Certification
> site:techwr-l.com" (no quotes) yields about 3,510 hits, but the TECHWR-L
> site itself points only to Repetitive-Stress Injuries.

Bewildering indeed. Here's what's going on.

We actually don't have an article that summarizes the issues
around certification (or blogs that lobby for one side or
the other of the issue). That might be a good idea, though...

The regular site search on TECHWR-L only looks at the articles.
We defer to Google to search the ~250,000 archived email
messages. As a result of this thread, though, we did
resubmit the web of sitemaps that cover all of the old
archives to Google, so the coverage there should be improving
shortly.

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/