Rates

Subject: Rates
From: Anon TWer <anon_twer -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:11:23 -0500

I don't usually write like this, have been TWer long enough. Don't use this as my writing sample! These are the facts:
I left a job.
I was salary.
Hourly rate calculated @ $22.
Offered contract @ old job.
Old job wants 13 hours a week.
Hourly rate $22, same as salary hourly rate.

Tax person said, "Save 50% of net pay for taxes."
That would make it $11/hour.
I don't want that.
11 x 13 = 143 net pay
I want 50
25 x 13 = 325 net pay
I will work 9-1130 PM Sun through Thur.
I want the extra $ for extra things I want to buy and provide for my family.
I get up every day @ 6 AM.
That means 6-ish hours sleep.
53 hours/week
I'm young enough, can handle that.

What do I do?
1) Take 22 and make 143/week
2) Walk away
3) Counter with 44 so my actual take home is 286

Do you think countering lower than 44 is worth it in this situation?

Questioning ...

http://www.doctohelp.com