Re: What makes us competitive? (was Re: Rates)

Subject: Re: What makes us competitive? (was Re: Rates)
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:40:21 -0400

There are "weekend gigs" that can gross $1000 (or more). Mostly in the
entertainment field: DJs and wedding bands, for example. I don't know for
sure what photographers/videographers make for such events, but I am
guessing they get comparable rates.

I got a "discount" for the DJ at my daughter's sweet 16 party (friend of a
friend/"musician's discount") - he got 400 dollars for 6 hours work (1 hour
set up/1hr breakdown and 4 hours of music). His normal rates are higher than
that. And yes, there is an investment in equipment and music (in the case of
DJs) or rehearsal time (in the case of wedding bands) - I'm talking about
once that pump is primed.

http://www.doctohelp.com