Re: Has anyone ever written the user guide before the product was developed (coded)?

Subject: Re: Has anyone ever written the user guide before the product was developed (coded)?
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:33:42 -0800

You might start with a set of customer request documents (CRDs). These
describe various desired features, as dictated by customers. These morph
into ERDs, or engineering requirements documents. The code monkeys work from
the ERDs. On one project we had to write the entire 700-pp. manual from a
set of ERDs coupled with flowcharts. It's a tough row to hoe, but it's
doable.

> Chris

http://www.doctohelp.com