Re: State of the Technical Writing Field

Subject: Re: State of the Technical Writing Field
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:38:07 -0800

<Raising hand>

Well, at least for me. Back in the 90's my industries saw software being added
to the products and technologies we were already working on in a big way, but
even the most brilliant developers have yet to devise software that can replace
motors, gears, valves, pressure vessels, etc.

And as far as job contraction goes, I've definitely seen this before and even in
the best of times have always expected we'd be back here again sooner or later.

Gene Kim-Eng