Catching up (was Re: Interesting visuals on control panel

Subject: Catching up (was Re: Interesting visuals on control panel
From: "Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat)" <lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:07:10 -0500

On 2010-11-17 11:46 AM, Keith Hood wrote:
> Case in (possible) point: These symbols may not work in Norway. It used to be that for Norwegians, the goat was the animal that symbolized speed. Because of its ability to move on rocky slopes, it was the fastest thing they knew.
>
> Would a Norwegian snow blower show symbols of a goat and a tortoise?
>
> In Nigeria it would be a cheetah and a tortoise.
>
> In Australia it would probably be a boomslang and a koala.

In my personal iconography, FAST would be a photo of a former feline
overlord (named Quark, because he was a charming little particle).
Husband wanted to call him Tachyon because he was a fast-moving little
particle, but I vetoed that. He *was* fast, though.

SLOW would be the slow loris in our local zoo. A bunch of kids ran
through the darkened exhibit yelling and slamming doors. It took the
loris almost three minutes to turn his head and raise the first paw off
the branch he was clinging to, and a full 15 minutes to 'run' back to
his shelter to hide.

--
K@
Kat Nagel, Owner, MasterWork Consulting