if you had 60 seconds to evaluate a support web page, what would you look for

Subject: if you had 60 seconds to evaluate a support web page, what would you look for
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: List, Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:53:05 -0500

OK...odd question.

I have about 1100+ public support web pages where I need to do an
objective evaluation of subjective criteria. This evaluation will be
done by a few "volunteers" over the next few days.

I need some ideas on what you might look for. BTW...I'm submitting my
recommendations at 5pm today, but no rush :-)
As a start, to give the question perspective, here's what I'm thinking so far:

Content
Using the Concept/Task/Reference set of categories, does the article
contain mixed or is it clearly in a category
2 – Fits category
1 – Mixed Categories
0 – Doesn’t match category

Does the content match the title
Coming to an article because of the title, is the content what you expected
3 – Close Match
2 – Vague Match
1 – No Match

Does the content seem easy to read, attractive, and make sense?
3 – Attractive and makes sense
2 – Makes sense but is not attractive
1 – Not what I would want my customer to see
0 – This seems to be a really horrible article

Graphics
Are they clear. If you were a Customer, would the graphic appear
clear, both visually and you understand what you are looking for
3 – All graphics are clear and seem appropriate contextually
2 – Some graphics are unclear and need to be retaken
1 – All graphics are unclear and need to be retaken
0 – Article doesn’t have graphics

Are they sized appropriately
When viewed, does the graphic appear sized correctly, or does it shift
text incorrectly or cause an increase to size of bottom scroll bar
3- All graphics are sized correctly
2 – Some graphics are sized correctly
1 – All graphics need to be re sized
0 – Article doesn’t have graphics

Do they contribute to the understanding that words alone can’t
If the graphics were removed, could the meaning be conveyed as well
through words
3 – All graphics are needed
2 – Some graphics can be eliminated
1 – No graphics are necessary
0 – Article doesn’t have graphics

Can they be substituted by keyboard characters
Are any graphics keyboard symbols that could be replaced by keyboard characters
3 – All the graphics could be replaced
2 – Some of the graphics can be replaced
1 – No graphics can be replaced
0 – Article doesn’t have graphics

Links
Are all the links descriptive of what they are linking to (or do they
say something like “Click here”)
Correct:
See EKB article "Article Name"
Incorrect: