Re: PLM tool requirements

Subject: Re: PLM tool requirements
From: kafkascampi <kafkascampi -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: David Tinsley <dtinsley -at- ndigital -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:46:46 -0800

Caveat: I work for an on-demand PLM tool.

PLM tools allow you to manage Items through their lifecycle, from prototype
to production to obsolescence. A big feature is BOM (bill of materials)
management, but because it's a revision control system, many customers use
it for doc control as well. In our tool, you can choose to use change orders
or not at all levels of the lifecycle. You can set up predefined routings
based on what type of change order you're creating (doc control change
board, engineering change orders, etc).

Our file management system allows you to create file editions as you edit,
check files in and out, etc. And because it's an on-demand system, there's
only one current version of the file--everyone's working with the right
edition.

Feel free to contact me off-list for more info. Don't worry, I won't try to
sell you anything :)

Chris

http://about.me/cvickery/bio

http://www.doctohelp.com