RE: Is my Acrobat up to speed

Subject: RE: Is my Acrobat up to speed
From: "Rick_Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:16:28 -0600

David: You need RAM! Drop in a 2GB stick to see a remarkable improvement.
Be sure you put it in the primary bank and move your 1GB stick to the other
slot. I recently made a pdf of a Word file that was 1152 pages with 184
embedded graphics averaging 40k and 300+ tables. It took under a minute on
my 64-bit Windows 7 Dell XPS 8100 i7-870 with 8MB L3 cache and 8GB RAM, dual
750GB SATA 2.0 drives with RAID 0.
What I really like about this machine is that it is sooo quiet you can
barely tell its running. It sits on top of my desk so that's important to
me.
Rick

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:26:26 +0100
From: "David Harrison (PMS)" <dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Subject: Is my Acrobat up to speed?
===============
Hi All

I'm being asked to justify my request for computer/software upgrade so I am
hoping my colleagues out there can give me an idea about whether my creation
of pdf files is tardy.

I'm running Win XP (SP3) on a 3.4Ghz machine with 1 Mb RAM. Applications
are MS Word 2003 and Acrobat 8. All 32-bit of course

My document is 123 pages and it has 264 linked .png images all with an
average size of 70-80 Kb.
Acrobat is set Basic standard with no bookmarks or links, no Word cross-ref
features and no heading bookmarks.

And this takes 7min 32 sec from clicking [Start] to seeing new opened pdf
file.
<snip>
David

http://www.doctohelp.com