AR was Re: 3-D

Subject: AR was Re: 3-D
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:52:22 -0400

In a former life I installed and serviced elevators (though I never made it
past the apprentice stage, and never worked by myself) I see huge
applications for this in that industry, I also see the other side of Gene's
liability coin where service people called into an unfamiliar environment
to repair a piece of equipment may be highly trained on that piece of
equipment but may not know what else in that environment could kill or maim
you. A quick scan around the room with your AR browser and all the deadly
don't-stand-here spots are highlighted.

Again, I don't think it's so much of who will find it useful, but who will
invest the time and effort to build it. We need a Camtasia for AR.

John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote on 03/23/2011 12:11:41 PM:

> From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
> To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
> Cc: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>, techwr-l-bounces
> +gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, techwr-l <techwr-
> l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
> Date: 03/23/2011 12:11 PM
> Subject: Re: 3-D
>
> > I think the biggest obstacle is going to be who finds it useful.
>
> I see it having application in data centers. Having worked at one of
> the 5 largest data center storage companies, I've seen the process for
> swapping out rack hardware, for swapping disks, etc. and putting the
> right A's into the correct B's is sometimes a daunting task.
>
> --
> John Posada
> http://jposada.zenfolio.com/
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com