Re: Is there a way to upgrade from RoboHelp 6 to RoboHelp 8?

Subject: Re: Is there a way to upgrade from RoboHelp 6 to RoboHelp 8?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2-NA)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:36:30 -0400

Hmmm... This is not the Adobe service I am accustomed to. I think your
support rep was being lazy. I would call back and escalate the call
until you reach someone who isn't working from a script and who is
authorized to actually take action. It's a simple mistake and they'll
get your money either way. Sounds like you would be keeping the RH 9
upgrade anyway and getting something that will bump you from 6 to 8?
Yeah, I'm sure someone at Adobe would be happy to help you out. I
think you just landed a bum support rep.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2-NA)
<Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am in a frazzle at the moment...I just got off the phone with Adobe customer support trying to find out if there is a way to upgrade my RoboHelp 6 version to RoboHelp 8...and I became very frustrated. The story:
>
> My purchasing department purchased an upgrade from RoboHelp 8 to RoboHelp 9. Unfortunately, I only have RoboHelp 6. When I talked with Adobe about returning the software, they said it is not possible because I had already tried to install it (my fault completely...I did not read the box thoroughly). Now, I am on a mission to find an upgrade to version 8, so that I may upgrade to version 9.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
>  Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>
> BeQIK
>
> Megan Bruce
> ST-CO/ENG2.2

> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/techcommdood%40gmail.com

Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com