RE: Disclaim THIS!

Subject: RE: Disclaim THIS!
From: Ben Davies <bdavies -at- imris -dot- com>
To: Paul Goble <pgcommunication -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 18:37:45 +0000

I do not read disclaimers because they do not contain any information I have ever needed when using a product.

My company is in the medical industry, and we are forced to put three chapters of regulatory and safety information at the front. I skip all three chapters every time I open the document and assume our users do as well. The only reason we put it up front is because I do not have enough authority in the company to get it removed or into its own stand-alone format.