Re: Learning HTML

Subject: Re: Learning HTML
From: Mike McCallister <workingwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: John G <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:09:46 -0500

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM, John G <john -at- garisons -dot- com> wrote:

> Be aware that HTML5 is coming ... and according to a lot that I see, it
> will
> be a game changer.
>
> As the Red Queen says "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can
> do, to keep in the same place."
>

> And that's a lovely opening to point out that the SitePoint folks
previously mentioned are sponsoring live video-based courses on both HTML5
and CSS3 (and many other web design and development topics) through the
Learnable.com platform. The courses are inexpensive and incorporate video
lectures by the instructor (often a SitePoint author or similar luminary),
along with exercises, discussion forums and interactive Q and A sessions.
Everything is accessible if you miss something along the way; I took the
HTML5 course late last year and still refer to it periodically.

I've always enjoyed the SitePoint books; they're written in a
popular-but-not-condescending style. The classes have been helpful too.

The HTML5 class is here: https://learnable.com/courses/learn-html5-201
CSS3 is here: https://learnable.com/courses/learn-css3-203

(and yes, Tony, you should have been at Peter Lubbers' talk!)

Mike

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as admin -at- inktopia -dot- net -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/admin%40inktopia.net