OT: If user manuals were written in steampunk

Subject: OT: If user manuals were written in steampunk
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:31:23 -0700

*The illumination of my brass lamp faltering at times, your humble servant
had a lovely encounter with this fascinating descriptoid in the noontime of
the day past...*

If you visit the Google library in these days, the librarian will find
plenty of articles and depictions of so called "Steampunk Monitors". In my
imagination though, I envisioned the creation of a device that could show
static but also moving pictures generated by means of computation and
modulation of waves generated by my ingenious new invention.... (Any
resemblance to devices used in "City of Lost Children" is purely
coincidental).

I also wanted to add "loudspeakers" (E. Siemens, et al.) to the device to
present an even more pleasurable experience.

The device will be able to reproduce sound and static/moving pictures and
will be powered by another invention of mine, based on the works of my
fellow researchers Nikola Tesla, using hyper-condensed steam applied to a
turbine by the same name, Count Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
and Michail Osipovich Dolivo-Dobrovolsky, able to produce alternating
current in the amount of 110 volts.

The glass storing containers and part of this generator will be visible atop
the base cabinet. Due to an yet undiscovered effect, these jars light up in
the rhythm of the reproduced sound. (Not depicted in this Instructable.)

Please bear with me, your humble servant will keep you updated on the
progress of this Instructable, for you to enjoy and, if you feel inclined,
to reproduce.

*Excerpted from
http://www.instructables.com/id/Miss-Betsys-Steampunk-Monitor-1/*

http://www.doctohelp.com