RE: Edge effect on cropped screenshots?

Subject: RE: Edge effect on cropped screenshots?
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Rick Stone'" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 13:05:30 -0400

I never said I don't use screen captures, I said I don't like" high school
gimmicks" and I was referring to a former writer who used marching ants and
other special effects to cover up pitiful writing. He used heavy borders
and other "techniques" for his images that tended to make the entire
document look like it was done by a high school student.

My screen shots use no border and sometimes show the entire screen, and
sometimes show the area; however, many (most) of my images are hardware
oriented. I document capital equipment used in the microelectronics
industry for the manufacture of MEMS, Opto-electronics, and
Nano-technologies. These systems may use software control, but they include
robotics, pneumatics and precision electromechanical alignment systems. I
follow the KISS rule as it make updating by other writers as easy as
possible (I am in the US, the rest of the writers are in Germany).

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com

See Also
Fine Art Photography

"We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used to create
them." (Albert Einstein)