Instructions too late: Was Edge effect on cropped screenshots?

Subject: Instructions too late: Was Edge effect on cropped screenshots?
From: Kath Bowman <Kath -dot- Bowman -at- au -dot- saabgroup -dot- com>
To: 'Peter Neilson' <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:58:08 +0930

Peter wrote:

"Sliding off that topic into another, I just bought one of those mini MP3 players. It contains a bunch of pre-loaded music plus a PDF instruction manual. Being a good TW, I looked at the PDF. The instructions recommend that you "read these instructions" before using the device. Duhhh? (Life would be easier if I didn't get upset about stuff like that.) "

I can relate to that. I remember installing a new version of a product many years ago. After it was installed, it presented a 'Read me' file which said that it was inportant to uninstall any previous versions before installing this product. Trouble is, this important information was bound into the executable file and was not visible on the installion CD. I spent hours unravelling the mess! Grrr.

Cheers
Kath

http://www.doctohelp.com