Re: Can this career be saved?

Subject: Re: Can this career be saved?
From: Donna McManus <donna -dot- mcmanus -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:22:16 -0400

Becca, why not?

Those three programs IMHO aren't very relevant, except in a few rare cases.
It seems to me that the certificate idea would be a good idea to get caught
up with what is happening in the field and some of the practices. Not sure
though that it's imperative to worry too much about the software skills
unless you know employers you'd like to target are specific on those
packages.

Try just putting together a solid portfolio of good work and take a shot at
getting a job or two underneath your wings--you could do that while under
taking your certificate program if you worked part-time. Just my two cents.
Employers that I know of would at least take a look at your resume if you
could show some relevant work examples.

Donna

http://www.doctohelp.com