RE: Can this career be saved?

Subject: RE: Can this career be saved?
From: Kirsty Taylor <kirsty -dot- taylor -at- mincom -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:24:12 -0700

Becca,

FrameMaker is still being used in many areas, but maybe not so prevalently as it was 10 or so years ago. You ask what's replacing Frame and Quark - it seems to me that DITA and XML-based tools are becoming more prevalent, and there has been a focus on content management and single sourcing for a number of years. There's also quite a few more HATs around the traps - Flare, Doc To Help, AuthorIT, and even RoboHelp (now owned and supported by Adobe, and I believe part of their Tech Comm Suite).

Hope this helps,
KT