RE: oDesk work (was: Can this career be saved?)

Subject: RE: oDesk work (was: Can this career be saved?)
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: "'Keith Hood'" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, 'Milan DavidoviÄ' <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Roberta Hennessey'" <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:13:34 -0400

I have had much better luck with guru.com and elance.com. The rates are sometimes low, sometimes not, but they both have more protections in place for both the freelancer and the client. To get access to better jobs, paying for a profile is definitely worth it (and I write it off as an advertising expense for my consulting business.

YMMV
Connie Giordano

From: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
Subject: Re: Can this career be saved?
To: "Milan DavidoviÄ" <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 7:15 PM

Sara Needleman of the WSJ writes about career/workplace issues at WSJ.

http://muckrack.com/sarahneedleman

2011/6/7 Milan DavidoviÄ <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Will Husa Documentation Solutions
> <will -dot- husa -at- 4techwriter -dot- com> wrote:
> > My advice to someone returning to the workforce would be to look at
> oDesk.
> > Although the pay is generally low, there are opportunities to grow
> > and
> build
> > a reputation.
>
> Sounds like there might be a useful story there -- do you know someone
> who has taken that route?
>
> --
> Milan DavidoviÄ
> http://twitter.com/altmilan
> http://altmilan.blogspot.com
> http://ca.linkedin.com/in/milandavidovic
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/rahennessey%40gmail
> .com

Roberta Hennessey