Re: Convert DOC/PDF user manual to InDesign

Subject: Re: Convert DOC/PDF user manual to InDesign
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: "salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com" <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 16:18:21 -0700

Hey Chris,

If you open the DOCs in Word 2007+, you can save them as DOCX files.
Then run 7Zip file manager to browse the contents of the DOCX archive
as a folder tree (you could also rename the file with a ZIP extension,
but 7Zip lets you open DOCX files directly.)

Navigate to one of the folders where the images are stored, and drag
them out. This keeps the files at full resolution without converting
them.

InDesign may be able to open PDFs directly. You may even be able to
save the DOC as PDF and open them in InDesign.

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com