RE: Web-based docs and help (from JavaHelp perhaps?)

Subject: RE: Web-based docs and help (from JavaHelp perhaps?)
From: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
To: <dwyercl2 -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:28:48 -0500

I personally haven't worked anywhere in years that delivered hardcopy
manuals, or any manuals at all. In a way, that is unfortunate, because I
think many users learn how to use new software better with a manual
because of the way information is organized. I personally prefer a
manual or a book to Help (especially the kind of help that insists on
searching a knowledge base for a gazillion topics when I just want to
know something simple (and oddly never lists the simple things first))
when I am learning, although Help is usually okay (except the
aforementioned) when I am familiar with the product.

I would think that if you already have HTML files, they could be
imported into almost any other HATT to create WebHelp.

Kay