RE: Writing English for Translation

Subject: RE: Writing English for Translation
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Roberta Hennessey'" <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'tech writer tech writer'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:36:47 -0400

Roberta Hennessey asked about "Writing English for Translation":
"I am presently writing documents that will eventually be translated. Can
anyone point me to any reference material they may use when writing for
translation? I am thinking Style Guide, etc. I want to make sure the words I
use can be more easily translated."
Bobbi:
Mike Unwalla at http://www.techscribe.co.uk/ has a lot of information on
writing for translation, localization, and international audiences. Although
he is in the UK, if you look back at some of his blog entries from the past
year, he has reviewed a lot of books on these topics written on both sides
of the Atlantic, and looking at his reviews and advice may help you choose a
couple of useful resources to bring you up to speed in this area.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

http://www.doctohelp.com