Re: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions

Subject: Re: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:24:11 -0700

I look for places to work where the need for documentation is understood by
upper management and SMEs currently have the writing on their shoulders.
Most of them are so happy to see someone being brought onboard to take it
off their hands that I never get this.

There's a point in every job interview where the interviewer asks if the
candidate has any questions. One of yours should always be about what kind
of documents the company's products have now and who is/has been preparing
them. If the reply is that there aren't any and nobody is doing any writing
and the company is actually shipping revenue product rather than working on
early-round startup projects, that's a big negative for me.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com