Re: Matching up Word Styles to Robohelp Prinited Documents, exporting Word Reveal Style-type Info

Subject: Re: Matching up Word Styles to Robohelp Prinited Documents, exporting Word Reveal Style-type Info
From: "Peter Grainge" <pgforums -at- gmx -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "Gregory P Sweet" <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:54:04 +0100

Jessica's suggestion is clearly what you need but something I found some time back can be useful in a different way.

Go to Word's Advanced Options and set a Style Area Pane width, then open the RoboHelp supplied Style Mapping template and set Word to Draft View. You will see the style names on the left and examples in the document. That only works as far as styles already in use is concerned but it is still useful.

Now to another point. There is information on my site about printed documentation and I caution about using "home-brewed" templates with RoboHelp. Theoretically there is no reason you should not create your own from scratch and many do so without any difficulty. However, on the RoboHelp forums I have often helped fix problems simply by switching from the posters template to the RoboHelp supplied template. What I recommend instead is taking the Style Mapping template and adapting that to suit your needs.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/printing.htm

Peter Grainge
www.grainge.org

http://www.doctohelp.com