Re: Evaluation Process - HATs

Subject: Re: Evaluation Process - HATs
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com\"" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:41:25 -0700

Design definitely matters. Microsoft's UI changes prompted me to
switch to OpenOffice. Adobe's FrameMaker redesign makes the product
much harder for me use. On the other hand, Chrome and Google Maps make
good use of newer technologies.

Change for its own sake is not progress. ASCII is old, but for many
purposes there's nothing to be gained by switching to Unicode.

http://www.doctohelp.com