RE: Font weights in diagrams (WAS RE: Most difficult project

Subject: RE: Font weights in diagrams (WAS RE: Most difficult project
From: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>
To: Jimmy Breck-McKye <jb527 -at- hotmail -dot- co -dot- uk>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:04:14 +0000

It's a pity I can't just include a sample, but....

An example would be in a diagram that shows information flow across a network that includes multiple sites, with various servers, clients, databases and other components at each site.

I'd use, say, 9pt bold to label each site; 8pt bold to label hardware components/dbases; 7pt regular for text that explains info flow.