RE: Help - my consultants cannot write!

Subject: RE: Help - my consultants cannot write!
From: "Jodie Gilmore" <jgilmor -at- pacifier -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:43:36 -0700

>> Moreover, consulting is a whole unique discipline in and of itself.

Many tech writers are also consultants (hence, the existence of the STC's
Consulting and Independent Contracting SIG).
So I'm not sure I follow your line of thought in this regard.

And why is it more logical to expect security consultants to learn to write
well, than to expect technical writers to learn to analyze security well?

Perhaps you need tech writers who work WITH the security analysts to create
excellent and accurate documentation.

Much the same as I work WITH subject matter experts in the IT field
(networking, data center facilities, storage, high-performance and grid
computing, and so on) to create useable documentation and white papers.

Jodie Gilmore
Fulcrum Communications, LLC
360-335-8201
Washougal, WA
www.fulcrumcomm.com

I wake up every morning determined to both change the world and have one
hell of a good time.
Sometimes this makes planning the day a little difficult. - E.B. White

http://www.doctohelp.com