RE: More Platonisms

Subject: RE: More Platonisms
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Bill Swallow'" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Andrew Plato'" <andrew -dot- plato -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 10:18:09 -0400

I miss Andrew. A lot of people on this list disliked what he said, but for
the most part, what he said was true, especially coming from a business
owner. However, consultants are not the problem, incompetent consultants are
the problem. I contract to an overseas company that uses consultants to
translate their manuals into English. The translation is bad enough, but the
original material for the most part isn't even reviewed before being
released to the translators. The good news is I'm doing okay cleaning up the
garbage and supplementing my retirement.

Al Geist-Geist Associates
Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management
Mobile: 231-301-5770
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com and www.geistarts.com
Facebook: Geist Arts

See Also:
Geist Arts - Fine Art Photography - Exceptional Note Cards
www.geistarts.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)

http://www.doctohelp.com