Re: Help - my consultants cannot write!

Subject: Re: Help - my consultants cannot write!
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 13:25:35 -0700

So are these consultants W2 employees of your firm, or are they 1099s consulting to you?

If the latter, why not just lay out your requirements to them, tell them you expect the work they submit to meet those requirements and let them figure out how to get the writing done or sub the editing out to someone? Doesn't trying to train your consultants to follow a specific process run counter to the IRS's rules for defining independent contractors?

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com