RE: Synonym for "cycle through"

Subject: RE: Synonym for "cycle through"
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Haber, Ryan" <rhaber -at- microstrategy -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:39:59 -0700

Haber, Ryan wrote:

> In a document I have written:
>
> "The InfoWindow, which opens when a marker or bubble is tapped, has a
> black background with white text. If multiple markers are close to each
> other, the InfoWindow includes arrows to let the user cycle through
> those markers. The report metrics are displayed in the InfoWindow in
> the order that they are listed on the report."

Why are you describing the background and text of the window. Isn't it identified by name in the title bar? What's the audience for this doc? If it's users of the interface, address them directly (2nd person) instead of in the 3rd person.

"When you tap a marker or bubble, the InfoWindow opens. If multiple markers are close to each other, use the arrows to cycle through those markers." I won't attempt the last sentence because I don't really understand what it's trying to say.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom