Re: Tech Writing Proofreading Practice

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Proofreading Practice
From: Gary Schnabl <gSchnabl -at- LivernoisYards -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:51:36 -0400

On 10/18/2011 1:36 PM, Haber, Ryan wrote:

Hello all,

You were also so helpful that I thought someone here might be able to offer advice. I want to improve my proofreading skills. I know the process pretty well, but need practice at it. I also have a set of books that I am working through. What I am really looking for is a source of proofreading practice material, preferably with answer keys of some sort. I've been googling around and found a couple good practice tools and exercises, and I've searched the archives here and found a good booklist. Other recommendations are also always welcome.

Thanks!

All the best,
Ryan

Are you referring to proofreading or to copyediting or to both? The terms are often incorrectly employed as meaning the same.

I am creating in a phpBB3 forum site an online copyediting tutorial of sorts based upon LibreOffice (or OpenOffice.org) source files for use with either LO or OOo. It is only partially finished at present, but it should be in a usable shape shortly. Send me an email if you might ever want any assistance using either LO or OOo for copyediting.

The URL for the (partially completed) tutorial is:
http://technicaleditor.livernoisyard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=58&p=48#p48 <http://technicaleditor.livernoisyard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=58&p=48#p48>

Gary

http://www.doctohelp.com